How to donate via your pay

  • If you earn a salary or pension and your employer deducts Pay As You Earn (PAYE) tax, you can donate via your pay.
  • Find out if your employer already supports payroll giving. If they do, speak to them about setting up your monthly gift. If they don’t, direct them to our ‘For Employers’ section so they can find out more about setting up a scheme.
  • It takes one to two months for your first gift to be taken from your wages. Don’t worry if your donation doesn’t appear on your next payslip. If it doesn’t appear after that time, please contact your payroll department.
  • To stop donating or change the amount you give, you will need to contact your payroll department.
  • If you change jobs and want to continue donating to us, you will need to set up a new gift, following the same process with your new employer.

For employers

  • If your business doesn’t currently offer payroll giving, you can easily set up the scheme by contacting any HMRC-approved Payroll Giving Agencies.
  • Could you incentivise your employees to give by offering to match their donations?


Payroll Giving is taken straight from your gross pay (before tax), meaning Y Care International does not need to claim the tax back through Gift Aid from HM Revenue & Customs. This saves us time and money in administration. If you pay tax at 40% or 45%, Payroll Giving is the only way for us to automatically receive all the tax on your charitable donation.

There is no minimum or maximum donation amount, but we would recommend a donation of at least £5 a month.

This depends on when you fill in your form. It should start on your next pay day, however if you filled in your form at the end of the month, after payroll had been processed, it may not appear until the following month.

Speak to your payroll department if you would like to cancel or amend your monthly gift. To change your donation amount, you may need to complete a new form.

If you move to another company your payroll donation will automatically stop. You will need to contact payroll department at your new employer to start giving through the scheme again.

You will know when your donation has started because it will appear on your payslip. When you choose to donate to Y Care International we are sent a copy of the form and will write to thank you for your donation. If you have signed up for further information and appeals from us either by post or email, you will start to receive updates from us via your chosen channel.

Yes, but a small one. The Payroll Giving Agency used by your employer to distribute donations is a charity itself and needs to make a small charge to cover their operating costs. Some employers pay this fee themselves, so the charities receive the full donation. Where the administration fee is not paid by the employer, the Payroll Giving Agency deducts it from your donation before passing it on to the charity. The administration charge will be between 2% and 4%, which is favourable against the administration costs of claiming Gift Aid.

Yes, you can give to as many charities as once as long as they are registered in the UK. You will be able to name others on your form.

You will receive tax relief at the highest rate of tax you pay; therefore each pound you give will only cost you 60p.

Contact us

If you would like to discuss payroll giving with a member of our team please contact us at or phone on 020 7549 3175.

Sign up for Payroll Giving

Sign up now