Do you want to do something extraordinary?
Y Care International has opportunities for you to do something exceptional in 2019, all the while raising money for us!
Our vision is a just world, free from poverty, where all young people can fulfil their potential. Working with a unique network of YMCA’s in 15 of the worlds poorest countries, we help over 50,000 young people into business and out of poverty, sustainably each year.
If you believe that every young person should have the opportunity to thrive then join us on our mission to make this possible by signing up for one of our challenge events. Help us secure the futures of thousands of vulnerable, young men and women around the world.
Being a part of Team Y Care
We know that training for and running 26.2 miles is a big challenge to undertake, so we will be with you every step of the way. You’ll join the wider YMCA team and will receive VIP treatment, including:
- A fundraising pack full of tips and advice
- A high-quality Y Care International running vest
- A regular newsletter with exclusive updates delivered straight to your inbox
- A Facebook community where you can share training tips, chart progress and share experiences with your teammates
- Support on the day from our designated cheer point.
Developed by the Mayor of London and his agencies in 2013, Prudential RideLondon is the world’s greatest festival of cycling with 2019 being the 7th edition – bigger and better than ever!
- Date: 04 August 2019
- Fundraising goal: £600 pp
- Distance: 100 miles
- Where: You’ll start your cycle at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Then from Canary Wharf and the City of London, over the River Thames and onto Richmond Park and the stunning Kingston-upon-Thames. After heading out of London you’ll be treated to scenic countryside views in Holmbury before tackling the ascent at Leith Hill. After a much deserved descent to Dorking you will complete the course after Box Hill.
- What we’ll offer: We wheelie wheelie want you to do well so wheel be there cheering you on from the sidelines. A goody bag, fundraising support and a Y Care International jersey to wear on the day are all part of the experience.
- To enter: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on entering any of the above events, contact email@example.com or call 020 7549 3175.
Why support Y Care International?
Today there are 900 million young people between the ages of 15-24 and most of them are living in developing countries on less than $2 a day. Many lack access to opportunities, formal education and reliable support systems to help them fulfil their potential.
By fundraising for Y Care International you can help us change this.
For every £1 raised, 89p goes directly towards delivering training, and providing access to skills, finance and networks, to help a young person to get a job, or start or grow their own business.
If you’re up for the challenge and want to help us create more opportunities for young people this year, contact Ola Oguntula in our fundraising team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 7549 3163 to find out how you can sign up.