You will be fully supported throughout your ICS programme with Y Care International.
Before you go:
- Practical preparations like visas, vaccinations and return flights.
- A two-day training a month before your placement with other volunteers to help you understand development issues and prepare for living and working in a different culture.
- Advice and ideas to help you with your fundraising from our team of experts.
During your visit overseas:
- All your food, accommodation and travel are provided.
- You’ll be covered by health insurance
- You’ll be supported by local staff in each country, with comprehensive safety and security procedures. Each YMCA partner is skilled in working with young people and have experience of delivering programmes that improve the lives of young people in their community.
- You’ll receive more training on your arrival covering: an introduction to the country, culture and language, as well as specific skills needed for your work.
- You’ll also have a Team Leader from the UK and support from each other as a group of volunteers
- You’ll attend a Debrief and Action Planning workshop with other ICS volunteers, where you will look at what you have learnt during your time overseas, as well as training on how you can use your experiences to take action.
- We are the leading champion of global youth work. Our expert staff will support you to make the most of your ICS experience by leading action project in your own community.